"The Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act of 2004 requires each school district that participates in a program under the National School Lunch Act to establish a wellness policy for each school in the district by the beginning to the 2006-2007 school year."
This policy hopes to promote total student and faculty/staff wellness. Avenues of supporting this policy will include dietary nutritional guidelines, physical activity, mental wellness, nutritional education, community and family involvement, staff wellness, development, and training, and other positive health related issues.
The following items will be available by contacting the Food Service Director located in the Daly/Clark Cafeteria or by calling (660) 248-3800, Ext. 1290, or will be available through the use of the Fayette R-III School District website:
- Nutrient analysis of district menus.
- List of appropriate foods that meet the district's nutrition recommendations for snacks.
- List of ideas for healthy celebrations, parties, rewards, and/or fund-raising activities.
In regard to heightening awareness for the need for more physical activity, the Fayette R-III School District will:
- Support efforts of parents/guardians to provide their children with opportunities to be physically active outside of school;
- Provide information about physical education and other school based physical activity opportunities available to students before, during, and after the school day;
- Share information through the district's website, newsletters, other take home materials, special events, and/or homework about physical activity and physical education.
To this end, the Fayette R-III District proudly supports the total wellness plan.