Each year, 9-12 grade singers from the Northeast Missouri District have the opportunity to take part in one of two All-District Honor Choirs, a 9-10 Choir or an 11-12 Choir.
All-District Honor Choir Auditions
- Who: Anyone currently enrolled in choir (9-12 grade) interested in auditioning for the All-District Honor Choir
- When: Saturday, September 16
- Where: Battle High School
- What: Students will perform 1 vocal solo (memorization not required) along with the accompaniment CD from one of the following books:
The solo audition material for each choir should be selected from the following anthologies, with the audition being performed with CD accompaniment.
- First Book Series (Parts 1 & 2) – Soprano, Mezzo, Tenor, or Bass
- Second Book Series (Parts 1 & 2) – Soprano, Mezzo, Tenor, or Bass
- 26 Italian Songs and Arias – High or Low
- 24 Italian Songs and Arias – Medium High or Medium Low
- 15 American Art Songs – High or Low
Sopranos/Tenors are required to use the high versions or part specific versions, as are the Altos/Basses required to use the low or part specific versions.
The Key Identification and Sight-Reading portion of the audition will be worth 24 points total:
Key Identification: 4 points
Two points possible for each correct key signature randomly selected by the judge – two signatures selected for a combined total of 4 points.
-Sight-Reading: 20 points
Each measure will be worth 2 points (1 point for rhythmic accuracy and 1 point for pitch accuracy). Each line of sight-reading will be five measures long. Total for each line will be 10 points, with a total possible of 20 points.
Here is a helpful link for sightreading practice: http://moacda.org/mcda-district-choir/
Here is a helpful link for key signature practice: www.musictheory.net/exercises/keysig
Sharp Key Signatures by Rita North
1 is G, 2 is D, 3 is A, 4 is E,
5 is B, 6 F#, 7 's C# I know 'em by heart (sharps)
Flat Key Signatures(to the tune 10 Little Indians)by Rita North
None is C, and 1 is F, 2 is Bb, 3 is Eb, 4 is Ab,
Db's 5 flats, 6 is Gb, 7's Cb.
- All-State Choir AuditionsWho:
- Who: Any member of the 11-12 All-District Honor Choir is eligible to audition for All-State Choir
- When: Saturday November 4 (throughout the day of All-District Honor Choir rehearsals)
- Where: Moberly High School
- What: Students will audition with either Exultate Justi or Locus Iste. Students will sing along with a recording of the piece with their own part omitted.
Here is a helpful link for All State audition practice: http://moacda.org/state-choir/