Family and Consumer Science
Family and Consumer Science Education!
Welcome to Mrs. Rhode's Family and Consumer Science classroom!
We prepare students for family life, work life, and careers in Family and Consumer Sciences
by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community and work settings.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families.
- Balancing personal, home, family and work lives.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community and work environments.
- Successful life management, employment and career development.
- Functioning as providers and consumers of goods and services.
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one's actions and success in family and work life.